Manuka Essential Oil
The Manuka tree is a native tree of New Zealand, that the New Zealand people, the Maoris, have used various parts of for centuries, because of its known extraordinary health benefits, especially its remarkable antibacterial qualities. The Maoris use different parts of the tree, including its oil, sap, bark and leaves, and have long known that the Manuka tree helps with a wide range of health support, because of the rich source of sesquiterpenes that are responsible for its incredible antibacterial qualities. The Maoris extract the Manuka Essential Oil through a steam distillation from the tree's leaves and twigs. The Manuka tree is also well known for its extraction of Manuka Honey, which contains the unique antibacterial and cleansing properties as well.
Manuka essential oil is full of natural compounds that have made it highly sought after for its benefits in a broad spectrum of properties, including the following list:
- natural cleanser
As well as being known for its physical properties listed above, Manuka Essential oil has grown a reputation in the aromatherapy world for its ability to assist with anxious feelings. With its woody and clean aroma, there is also a sweet honey undertone, which may be exactly why this oil is known to have such a remarkable calming and soothing effect on the heart and mind.
Used by the Maori people for centuries for its germ-destroying properties, and being known as the New Zealand Tea Tree, you can see how this oil is also used for beautifying the skin. You may enjoy this Do It Yourself facial moisturizing oil, for its ability to help soothe skin blemishes.
Facial Moisturizing Oil
- 3 tablespoons Jojoba oil/lotion
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 5 drops Manuka Essential Oil
Mix ingredients well and store in a glass jar. Apply a thin layer for antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits for the skin.
Litsea Essential Oil
For hundreds of years, Litsea, which is a plant grown indigenously in East Asia, has been used by the native people of Taiwan in traditional health practices. Like Manuka Essential Oil, Litsea Essential Oil comes from a tree. This tree bears pale, lemon scented flowers and small fruits that look like small peppers. For this reason, the Litsea fruit is also known as the "mountain pepper", in Mandarin. Litsea Essential Oil has a fresh, sweet, citrus-like aroma which promotes feelings of fresh energy and also joins the rest of our citrus essential oils family, as a delicious flavoring when added to water. The first thing you will notice upon opening the bottle, is Litsea’s beautiful aroma. Its long-lasting fragrance contains hints of both spice and citrus.
- Incorporate Litsea into your daily supplement routine for the antioxidant support your cells need to maintain health.
- Litsea also promotes the health of the cardiovascular, immune, nervous, and respiratory systems.
- Aside from using it internally, you can also use Litsea oil topically on daily basis. Adding this one extra step to your skin care routine will help to beautify your skin and keep you feeling clean and clear.
- Use as a spot treatment during the day or at night to help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Litsea is great for blending with Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Rose, Sandalwood, Frankincense, Geranium, Vetiver, Fennel or Cedarwood when you need to feel more balance in your life, or if you are looking for a great oil to apply topically, or diffuse, during mediation, to help clear your mind and rejuventate your energy.
Litsea can also be added to the following homemade surface cleanser for a fresh aroma.
Homemade Surface Cleanser
- 10 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 10 drops Wild Orange Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lime Essential Oil
- 15 drops OnGuard Essential Oil
- 10 drops Litsea Essential Oil
- 2 tablespoons OnGuard Cleaner Concentrate
Mix all ingredients well, and store in a glass spray bottle. Use to clean kitchen and bathroom counters and sinks!
Don't miss out on your FREE Litsea and Manuka Touch - Month of August ONLY!